Film Basic Training is free of charge to participants, however there is a $20 application fee that you may pay online by performing the following steps:
- Click here or on the “Donate today!” button.
- Select the first option, “$20 – Pay $20 VIFM Training Application Fee”
- Enter your billing information and select your payment method.
- Annotate your payment with “Application Fee” in the Additional Comments section of the Donation page.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete the online application by clicking on the “Begin the Application” button below.
NOTE: You will have the option to save and not submit the application should you need to stop the process at any point.
NOTE: Be sure to click the “Save and Continue Later” button each time you leave the application if you are not ready to submit it. Failure to do so will discard any changes you have made. When you click the “Save and Continue Later” link, a temporary URL link will be created, and that link will be valid for 30 days. Make sure to save it so that you can return to your application.
- Be sure to attach all supporting documents where prompted in the application.
NOTE: If you do not have the requested documentation, be sure to explain why in the space provided on the application.
- When you have completed the application to your satisfaction, click the “Submit” button.
- You will receive an email from VIFM Admissions acknowledging receipt of your application.
NOTE: If you DO NOT receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of submission, please contact the Admissions team directly.
- If your application is incomplete, or additional information is needed, someone from Admissions will reach out to you via your preferred contact method.
- A panel of veterans and film industry veterans will review your completed application, verify your DD214, run a criminal background check, and contact your references.
- After this screening process is completed (usually 7-10 business days), someone from VIFM will contact you to schedule an in-person interview.
- Following the interview, we will notify you of your program status.
- Should you not be selected for your preferred program date, you will be placed on a waiting list and your application will be kept on file for two years. You will not need to reapply during that time period, and VIFM Admissions will contact you as new session dates are added to determine your continued interest and availability.